The holidays are upon us! Stay calm, we have gotten the inside scoop on how to help with post baby budgeting.
Shellie Deringer, founder of Saving with Shellie, shared six important tips to remember when shopping during the holiday season. We learned how to afford the quality brands we love, without breaking our bank account.
- Set a budget– Remember that you do not have to even the score when spending on others. Make a gift list, set a price point and try to use only cash. This can be tricky with online shopping, Shellie suggests getting a debit card with a separate bank account used for Christmas only.
- Give “need” gifts- for example; Books, pajamas, toothbrush/paste and soaps.
- Price Match– this is real! Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, & Best Buy (just to name a few) will match one another’s pricing and will also match Amazon’s pricing. But note, the item has to be in stock for the price match to be valid.
- Shop online– Target is offering FREE SHIPPING until 12/20/14. Thanksgiving Day, at midnight, several sales will start (11/27). Cyber Monday (12/1), Green Monday (12/8) (this is the 2nd Monday in December and is known to be the biggest shopping day in Dec.) & Free shipping day (12/18) are all good dates to find a bargain.
- Amazon Lightening Deals– Prime members have a 30 minute pre-view window to shop before items are available to all other members. You must be ready to buy the second the item goes live. NOTE: the Amazon app tends to be trigger slow.
- Last minute tips– Save your receipts, always search for a coupon, look for gift card promos and holiday clearance items.
Contact Shellie at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on Facebook; Saving with Shellie.
Our mom moment speaker and MOPS member, Elizabeth Guess, spoke to us about being intentional and purposeful in our kids daily routine. She encouraged us to be role models for our children showing them how to be less self focused, more prayerful and intentional about giving to others. Elizabeth has also shared more “missional motherhood” resources on our Facebook page, the ridge mops.