When my children were seniors in high school I was anxious
about the inevitable fact they would soon be leaving the nest and going to
Occasionally, I would stop what I was doing and ask them, “What have I forgotten to tell you?” The first 3 times I asked they would reply, “I don’t know”. The last 6, 7, 8 times I asked they would reply, “Nothing”!
As we near the end of a wonderful MOPS year I want to ask my
girls, “What have I forgotten to tell you?”
- The best thing a father can do for his children
is to love their mother…and vice versa.
- Pray together daily before your children go to school. It can be as simple as a thank you God for……If this becomes a habit when they are young than they will be much more comfortable praying aloud and sharing their requests when they are older. Mornings can be complete chaos when shoes and keys can’t be found but that quick prayer can set the tone for the day.
- I still think the best cooking philosophy is 15 minutes from can to pan to man.
- Three things daily…..Honor God, be intentionally thoughtful of others, find joy.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff……is it really important???
- Let your kids hear you say that you are sorry and that you make mistakes.
- Be content in the moment.
- Live with a grateful heart.
- And remember you are God’s greatest treasure…….