This week, Austin Ridge Bible Church lead pastor Brad Thomas shared about keeping your faith when hard things come. He used the life of Joseph in Genesis 37-50 as an example of faithfulness and perspective during trials. Here are some of his points.
- a man of faith, he believed in God’s character regardless of his circumstances
- faith doesn’t mean you’re exempt from hard times, but it gives you perspective
- Genesis 39:2 “The Lord was with Joseph…” even in difficult circumstances
- all this is temporary, can you trust God in the temporary messes?
- Joseph connects everything to God: Genesis 45:4-9 “God sent me here to preserve life.” and Genesis 50:20 “You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.” God is bigger than others’ evil intent
- model faith: angry, vengeful moms raise angry, vengeful kids who think they have to protect themselves because God can’t handle it