I actually bought myself some flowers the other day and saw this article online and laughed out loud thinking:
“Am I that stressed that I needed to make a special trip to the store and buy 20 dollars worth of flowers for myself?”
And you know what? It totally worked. I walk through my kitchen everyday and take in the beautiful smell of lilies and they make me smile.
Here are some tips for reducing stress, which I think we can all be mindful of this holiday season. I love these techniques and already use most of them. If they don’t work right away….REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT!
1. Add something beautiful to your life on a daily basis (e.g., flowers).
2. Do some enjoyable activities whenever possible.
3. Walk, work, and eat at a relaxed pace.
4. Take a short break after meals to relax.
5. If possible, go outside at least once per day and notice the simple things such as the weather, scenery, etc.
6. During the day, whenever you remember, notice and tension in your body (jaw, neck, diaphram, shoulders, etc.). Breath deeply and gently stretch and relax any tense areas.
7. If you notice your mind racing or worrying about the past or future, take a minute to breath deeply and gently focus on something in the moment such as your breath, scenery, birds.
8. Take breaks during the workday to relax.
9. Wear comfortable and loose clothing when possible. Take off your shoes when you can.
10. Avoid holding in feelings day after day, but instead, find a safe place to feel, express and embrace them.
This article is from holisticmed.com
Please share with us what works for you to reduce stress by commenting on the post.